Search This Blog

Monday, January 11, 2016

Mini Cupcakes

I tried to recreate the tiny cakes. I don't have tins that small but I have tins for mini cupcakes. They make 24 cupcakes per tin.




Mini Cupcakes

1 pkg triple chocolate cake mix

Preheat oven according to package instructions and line cupcake tin with liners.

Mix cake mix according to package instructions. Fill each tin 3/4 full.

Bake for 10 minutes and check with toothpick. When toothpick comes out clean, baking is done.

Take cupcakes out of tin and cool on wire racks. Frost with ganache frosting.



Ganache Frosting

1 cup heavy cream
8 oz chopped bittersweet chocolate

Place heavy cream and chocolate in large glass bowl. Heat in microwave for 1 minute. Stir. Continue heating at 1 minute intervals until chocolate has melted.

Once the mixture has cooled, place the bowl in another bowl filled with ice water. Stir every few minutes until it is thickened.

Place ganache in bag fitted with large star tip. Pipe frosting on each cupcake.



Review:
I thought the cupcakes were too light. Next time, I'll need to make the cake from scratch.

I like just a small dollop of frosting and this makes more than enough for 72 mini cupcakes. Next time, I'll try 3/4 cup heavy cream and 6 oz chocolate.



2015 10 10

No comments:

Post a Comment