Search This Blog

Saturday, September 3, 2016

Final Notes on Norway

We spent 2 weeks in Norway. I brought 3 pairs of shoes: hiking boots for our trip to Pulpit Rock, sandals and a pair of rain shoes. I ended up wearing the rain shoes for the majority of the trip, even to our dinners at Hos Thea in Oslo and Lysverket in Bergen. Norway is a casual country and I didn't need anything fancier.

When the weather behaved, Norway was absolutely gorgeous. When it rained, it was difficult to appreciate the beauty. I'd like to go back to see the Northern Lights but will need to be prepared for dreary weather.

We were fortunate to have a good exchange rate. $1=NOK8 or greater. It was NOK5 in 2011. Norway was expensive at NOK8. I can't even imagine how ridiculous it would have been at NOK5.




2016 05 28

No comments:

Post a Comment