Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Luigi's

Whenever I pass through Bakersfield, there are a few iconic places I visit. One is Luigi's, located at 725 E. 19th Street.


Tongue for One--$3.50. I loved pickled tongue. The thinly sliced beef tongue is nicely marinated in an Italian dressing.


Antipasti of soft or hard roll, salami, cheese, pepperoncini & marinated carrot. This is served with each pasta entree. I like the soft rolls--great to sop up the dressing on the pickled tongue.


Beef Ravioli with Meat Sauce--$13.95 for large portion. I add a sausage for $2.95. I love the ravioli. The meat sauce is a little oily but full of flavor. I ask for no cheese on my pasta--the cheese comes from a green can. The sausage is lean and delicious.


Special Sandwich of the Day--Pork Tenderloin--$9.95. The pork was moist.


Butterfinger Pie with Biscotti Cookie Crust--$4.75. How can you go wrong with butterfingers.



2017 08

No comments:

Post a Comment