Search This Blog

Friday, March 9, 2018

Rocker Oysterfeller

For dinner on Sunday, we drove out to Valley Ford to try Rocker Oysterfeller. They served a 3-course dinner for $29. Corkage is $10 for Sonoma County wines and $15 for anything else.


It's located at 14415 Hwy One and they also have a hotel.


Inside the dining room, they have this lit-up sign. It didn't quite work with the rustic dining room but I still liked the sign.


We brought a bottle of Carlisle Compagni Portis, This was so good. It's a field blend of Gewurztraminer, Trousseau gris, Riesling, and other mixed whites.


They served a corn muffin that was delicious. It had whole corn kernels in it and it was so moist. Additional muffins are $2 per plate.


They had also changed their menu. First course was only a salad. I had looked forward to the oyster sampler but it was not part of the menu. This was a Wild Arugula Salad with Grilled Pear, Shaved Fennel, Feta and Toasted Almonds. This was very tasty.


The entree was Buttermilk Fried Free Range Chicken, Lagunitas Ale and Caraway Gravy, Whipped Potatoes and Fried Herbs. The chicken had been brined and it was very moist, I would never have thought to put caraway in gravy but this worked well with the chicken.


Dessert was Apple Fritter. They were greasy and I didn't find any apples. I had looked forward to the Apple Hand Pie listed on the website.

I wonder if last year's menu were listed on the website. I missed last year because we were in Cuba. Still glad we went to Cuba before Trump closed the doors to independent travel but I wish I had not missed Restaurant Week last year.



2018 03 04

No comments:

Post a Comment