Search This Blog

Sunday, September 22, 2013

iDumpling, Redwood City

I must admit that I have never been to downtown Redwood City. When a friend suggested we meet at iDumpling, I was pleasantly surprised. iDumpling is located at 2660 Broadway, near El Camino Real. It's a small restaurant with just a handful of tables.
 
 
Marinated Pig Ears--$5.95. This was delicious. The marinade had just the right amount of soy sauce and sesame seed oil. Loved it.

 
Fresh Cilantro Bean Noodles--$5.95. This was good but needed just a tad more flavor.

 
Their specialty is dumpling. The skin is perfect--chewy and just the right thickness. I must admit I couldn't really differentiate between the varieties we tried. They all taste the same. The dumplings are delicious dipped in black vinegar.
 
We tried pork dumplings with napa cabbage ($5.95), pork dumplings with green chives ($5.95), chicken dumplings with spinach ($6.95) and pork & shrimp dumplings with green chives ($6.95).

 
Stir-Fried String Beans--$6.95. These were okay. Although it had a nice flavor, some of the green beans were tough.

 
Beijing Noodles--$6.95. This is zha jiang mien--it needed more flavor in the meat sauce. I wish I could find a good place in the bay area to have zha jiang mien.



2013 09 08

No comments:

Post a Comment