Search This Blog

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Taste of Taiwan

When I drive down to the south bay, I stop in Milpitas to have lunch. On Barber Lane off McCarthy Blvd, there is an area of little Asia--2 entire shopping malls made up of Asian restaurants, grocery stores and retail stores. One of my favorite places to eat is China Palace Restaurant. This is my kind of place--specials are written in Chinese and there are pictures of the dishes plastered on the walls. I had been craving the Fried Oyster with Egg Pan Cake and was terribly disappointed when I found out they didn't have oysters today. My second favorite is the Salty Fish and Chicken Fried Rice. This is definitely an acquired taste. My husband, who will try snake bile, durian and mopane worms, won't eat this. He thinks it's too stinky. Well, salty fish is stinky but it's good stinky. Just don't heat up the leftover in your microwave. You and the microwave will regret it.

I always order take-out to have for the next few days. I had a craving for fish fillets and beef chow fun. Make sure you add the bill yourself. They scribble some numbers on the bill and give you a grand total. Tax in Milpitas is 8.25%--make sure they don't overcharge you. Bring cash--they don't take credit cards.


 

 
Salty Fish & Chicken Fried Rice $6.25

 
Sauteed Fish Fillet with Snow Peas $7.95



Beef Chow Fun $6.25



2012 06 30

No comments:

Post a Comment