Search This Blog

Friday, July 11, 2014

Cooking Papa, Santa Clara

One of my favorite Chinese places is Cooking Papa. I actually like the one in Foster City better but we were in the South Bay and stopped at their location in Santa Clara. It's located at 2830 Homestead Road.


Chow Fun with Spareribs in Black Bean Sauce--$8.50. I love chow fun and wanted to try a new flavor. I usually order beef chow fun but thought I would try the sparerib one. This one had too many bell peppers. I'll go back to the beef.


Special Egg Tofu with Assorted Vegetables--$12.50. This is one of their "Signature" dishes and one of my favorites. The tofu is so soft and the vegetables still have a nice crunch.


Rice Noodle Roll with Fish Paste--$4.95. I like the subtle fish flavor mixed with cilantro. This is another of my favorites but my husband hates it. He thinks it doesn't have enough flavor.


Hong Kong Style Egg Puff--$4.25. Sugary, deep-fried cream puff without filling. This has to be eaten hot. Don't even think about ordering it take-out. Once it's cold, you won't eat it again. That's when you can see how much oil is in it.



2014 05 31

No comments:

Post a Comment