Search This Blog

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Roasted Mussels

I bought a 10-lb bag of mussels from Costco for the cioppino so I had to come up with other things to do with it. I blogged about Martha Stewart's Roasted Mussels in the past. I found another recipe for it: http://www.food.com/recipe/oven-roasted-mussels-176930 but modified it. Here's my version. The mussels were more steamed than roasted. Next time, I'll try cooking it at 500 degrees and without the lid.


Place dollops of the garlic butter over the cleaned mussels.


The final product. The juice is delicious!

Roasted Mussels

2 lbs mussels, cleaned and debearded
2 Tbs softened butter
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup Italian parsley, chopped
Sliced hearty Italian bread, brushed with olive oil and toasted

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

Clean mussels, dry and layer in shallow Le Creuset. Mix butter with garlic and spoon onto mussels. Top with parsley. Cover and place in bottom of oven. Heat until mussels have opened, about 20-25 minutes.



2013 12 25

No comments:

Post a Comment