Search This Blog

Sunday, June 14, 2015

Ben Tre

Our flight didn't leave until 6 pm so we had a late lunch near the airport. I found Ben Tre on Yelp. I'm always in search of good bun rieu and had read that Ben Tre had bun rieu.


It's located at 219 El Camino Real in Millbrae. They're closed on Tuesdays.


Crispy Tofu--$6.95. I liked these. Nice coating, soft tofu and not greasy at all. It came with a sweet soy sauce for dipping.


Bun Rieu--$8.50. Tomato, Crab & Pork Vermicelli Soup. My husband did not like this at all. He thought the broth didn't have enough seafood flavor and tasted like chicken broth. There wasn't much crab in the dish either.


5-Spice Chicken with Garlic Noodles--$12.50. This was 1/4 chicken with 5-spice flavor. I thought the chicken needed more 5-spice flavoring but the garlic noodles were delicious. The chicken was moist.



2015 05 23

No comments:

Post a Comment