Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Packing for Greece

Since we were traveling on our own and by ferry, I carried a backpack. I figured it would be easier to get on and off the ferry if I didn't have to roll on a suitcase. Plus, I could keep my pack with me instead of stowing it in the luggage hold.


Yes, I traveled for 2 weeks in Greece with the small pack on my back plus my travel purse. Everything you see on me is all I brought. The backpack is a Granite Gear Vapor Trail--it is incredibly lightweight. My only complaint is that it had only 1 compartment so I had to pull everything out if something was on the bottom.

I love my Fit travel purse because it has a lot of pockets and is large enough for me to carry a guide book and a bottle of water in the main compartment. It is very old and I'm not sure they even sell it now.


My secret for packing in a backpack was to put each outfit in a ziplock bag. That way, I could easily pull everything out and not have to re-roll everything. I brought a beach towel because I wasn't sure if it would be available at the hotels. Turns out, beach towels were only available at our hotel in Mykonos and so I was glad I had it for the trip. For the first time in my travels, I chose not to bring an umbrella. I had checked the weather report and rain was nowhere in sight. Unfortunately, it did rain on us. I wish I had brought it.


I only brought 2 pairs of shoes. It's a Croc on the left. The sandals took me from beach to dinner without any problems. They were comfortable enough for me to walk all day without getting sore feet. I could rinse them off at the end of the day and they were like new for the next day. The water shoes on the right also worked for hiking. This was my 2nd secret to packing light--limit the number of shoes you bring.





No comments:

Post a Comment