Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Cooking Papa, Mountain View

I just discovered that there's a Cooking Papa in Mountain View. It's located at 1962 W. El Camino Real.


Steamed BBQ Pork Bun. I did not like these. There was a weird flavor that I couldn't pinpoint. It tasted like the dough was exposed to bleach.


Steamed Turnip Cake. It was nice and soft but it could use a little more flavoring.


Deep Fried Squid with Spicy Salt. I won't order this again. The squid was chewy and the coating was bland. Plus, at $8.50, this was not a good deal.


Rice Noodle Roll with Sliced Boneless Fish & Cilantro--$5.65. I loved this. The cilantro worked so well with the fish--wonderful flavor.


Shrimp Wonton Soup--$7.75. There were a lot of wontons and they were plump with shrimp.


Chow Fun with Beef & Soy Sauce--$9.25. This was good but nothing special. Not greasy though.


Special Egg Tofu with Assorted Vegetables--$12.75. This was another of my favorites. The tofu was so soft.


Braised Eggplant and Pork Chop--$10.50. This was a new dish for me and I loved it. The eggplant was so soft but it didn't fall apart. The pork chops were flavorful.


Hong Kong Style Egg Puff--$4.25. Four large puffy dough balls. Fried but so light. The sugar coating was delicious. Pre-order when you order your meal--it takes a while to get it to the table.



2015 06 28

No comments:

Post a Comment