Search This Blog

Sunday, May 6, 2018

Battle of the Po' Boys

I read that Parkway Bakery and Tavern had the best po'boys.


Take the Canal Street streetcar and get off at the Jefferson Davis Parkway.


Walk 5 blocks to 538 Hagan Avenue.


They have clean restrooms.


Order at the counter and pick up your order at the pickup counter.


Ice Cream Float--expensive at $6.95 but you get 2 large scoops of ice cream with as much refill drink as you want. Plus, you get to keep the plastic cup. This is red creme soda by Barq. I haven't seen it here on the West Coast but it was quite good.


Bowl of Homemade Alligator Sausage and Roasted Turkey Gumbo--$5.45. This had an off taste that I couldn't pinpoint. I didn't like this.


Large Shrimp Po'Boy dressed--$12.55. This was loaded with shrimp and delicious.


Large Oyster Po'Boy dressed--$17.50. Again it was loaded with oysters.


The sandwiches have a thin layer of mayo and tend to be dry. You can add extra sauce from the self-service bar. Next time, I'll also ask for extra pickles as well.


My favorite place in the quarter is Johnny's Po'Boy. It's located at 511 St. Louis Street.


There's always at line. Their sandwiches are not as large but I love the roll.



2018 04 16

No comments:

Post a Comment