Search This Blog

Thursday, May 17, 2018

The Battle of Shave Ice

Shave (not shaved) ice is a specialty in Hawaii. We tried lots of different places but I must admit I was not impressed with any of them. I much prefer the shaved (not shave) ice in Taiwan--it's much finer.


Local Boy's Shave Ice is located at Kihei Kalama Village, 1941 South Kihei Road.


It's $6.50 for a "pretty bowl" (medium). I don't know why frozen water with a little flavoring is so expensive.


Island Rainbow--Li Hing Mui, Mango & Blue Coconut. I thought I would like li hing mui (salty dried plum) the best but the mango was better.


Of all the shave ice on Maui, Ululani's got the best reviews. It's located at 61 South Kihei Road.


It's $5.50 for a medium at Ululani's. Li Hing Mui & Passion Fruit. The li hing mui was a little better than Local Boys.



2017 10 29

No comments:

Post a Comment