Search This Blog

Monday, March 30, 2020

Copycat Levain Cookie Recipe

I searched the web and found several recipes for copycat Levain cookies. After 5 tries, I think I finally found the right one.





1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups bread flour
3/4 tsp salt
1 tsp cornstarch
3/4 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1 cup butter, cold & cubed (I use room temperature butter since I like to whip the butter and sugar until fluffy)
1 1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
2 egg yolk
1 Tbs vanilla extract
2 cups chocolate chips
2 cups walnuts

Preheat oven to 390 degrees

Mix flour, salt, cornstarch, baking powder and baking soda then set aside.

Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugars for about 15 minutes until the mixture is light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, egg yolks and vanilla exract.

Stir in the flour mixture by hand or on the lowest setting of the electric mixer.

Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts. Chill the dough for at least 30 minutes.

Scoop out 4 oz dough and lightly form into ball. Place the dough 2 inches apart.

Bake for 12-13 minutes



I chose to make smaller cookies and I like this size better. The inside is under baked without being raw.

(after several tries, I decided to bake at 380 degrees for 11 minutes)








No comments:

Post a Comment