Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Osteria, Palo Alto

One of my favorite Italian places in the South Bay is Osteria. It's located at 247 Hamilton Avenue. It's an institution that has been around for decades. It's Italian comfort food. The food is good and it's very affordable.



Spinaci Sugo--sauteed spinach with tomatos and meat sauce--$6.50. I love this dish. The spinach is soft and the meat sauce is delicious.


Raviolini di Spinaci al Pomodoro--spinach ravioli with cheese & fresh tomatoes--$13.50. My fried loved it and the portion is large enough to take home leftovers.


Pappardelle Osteria--large spinach noodles with prosciutto, mushrooms and tomato sauce--$13.50. This is my standby dish but I was disappointed this time. I shared it with a friend and by the time I got it, the pasta was clumpy. The sauce is still delicious though!


Linguine con Vongole--with tomatoes & clams--$13.50. This was the first time I had this dish and I loved it. The pasta was al dente and the clam sauce was delicious.


Calamari Steak Meuniere--$17.50. Loved this dish. It had a nice egg batter and the calamari was very tender. The sauce was delicious.


Lemon Tart--nice crust and nice lemon flavor.


Hazelnut Flan. I'm a big hazelnut fan but it was subtle in this dessert. I liked the lemon tart better.



2013 10 5

No comments:

Post a Comment