Search This Blog

Thursday, August 7, 2014

Chalkboard Restaurant, Healdsburg

My husband swam in the Alcatraz Aquathon last Sunday and I had to wake up at 4:30 am to go with him. He awarded me with dinner in Healdsburg and I chose Chalkboard. It's located at 29 North Street.


Warm Pretzels with Cheddar Cheese Sauce, Stadium Mustard and Tomato Jam--$6. The pretzels were soft but could have been larger. I ran out of pretzel before I ran out of the sauces. I liked the cheese sauce the best--warm, gooey and flavorful. The mustard was a German mustard and was okay. The tomato jam was sweet and full of tomato flavor.


Charred Eggplant Dip with Potato Chips, Za'atar, Aged Balsamic Vinegar--$7. This was similar to Baba Ghanoush but had a very smoky flavor, which I liked. I didn't like the potato chips and would have preferred pita.


Bucatini with Gulf Shrimp, Peppers, Roasted Garlic, Chives & Uni Butter--$14. This was a small dish and perfect for 1 person. I liked the uni butter but wished it had a little more uni flavor. The peppers gave it a slightly bitter taste but overall, I liked it.


Calamari a la Plancha with Chorizo, Salt Roasted Potatoes, Shishito Peppers & Lemon--$13. The calamari was a little chewy but the chorizo was flavorful and I loved the shishito peppers. The peppers were not spicy


Three Beef Sliders with Short Rib Marmalade, Blue Cheese, Bacon Aioli and Pickles--$12. The beef was juicy and cooked medium rare. The short rib marmalade was slightly sweet which worked well with the blue cheese and pickles. I couldn't really taste the bacon aioli.



2014 08 03

No comments:

Post a Comment