Search This Blog

Monday, August 4, 2014

Kotetsu Ramen

I love ramen but I didn't want to wait in line at Orenchi. I had read about Kotetsu, located at 2089 El Camino Real in Santa Clara.

We got there at 11 am and the restaurant opened at 11:30. We were the first ones there. Ten minutes before the restaurant opened, a few more people showed up.


Karaage--$5 for 5 pieces. I was wary when the chicken arrived and they were blond. Surprisingly, the coating was crispy and the chicken was moist. They were delicious and just as good as the ones at Orenchi.


Kotetsu Ramen with Shiro Sauce (sea salt)--$8.95. The tonkatsu soup base was rich and flavorful. There were 3 slices of thin chashu (pork). I had read complaints about it being too thin but I liked it. The soft-boiled egg was cold on the inside but well done--still runny on the inside. The ramen was toothy and perfect.


Spicy Kotetsu Ramen with Kuro Sauce (soy sauce)--$9.95. That little dollop of red cost $1. I thought that was a little on the steep side.

Overall, I was happy with the ramen and I really liked not having to wait. When we left at noon, there were still seats available.



2014 08 02

No comments:

Post a Comment