Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Terrapin

From Woodstock, we drove over the Hudson and arrived in Rhinebeck. It was time for dinner and we came upon Terrapin. It has a formal restaurant and a casual bistro. We opted for the Red Bistro.


Terrapin is located in an old reclaimed church, 6426 Montgomery Street.


I had wanted to visit the Warwick Winery & Distillery while we were driving through Shawangunk but it was too far away. I was happy that Red Bistro had Doc's Apple Cider on the menu so that I could try it. It was pretty good but I wouldn't go out of my way to get it.


Terrapin Soul Food Plate--$16. Fried chicken, collard greens, mac & cheese, mashed potatoes and pan gravy. The chicken was moist and had a nice crunch but nothing too special. The mac & cheese was creamy but not memorable. I did like the collard greens because it's not something I find too often in California.


Tuscan kale, pine nuts, sprout creek toussaint cheese and lemon vinaigrette--$12. This was an interesting salad and I liked it.


Charred octopus and pork belly with frisee and rice crisp with Asian BBQ sauce, peanuts & Thai basil--$14. I had high hopes for this dish but was disappointed that the octopus was overcooked. This was the worst dish of the evening.



2014 10 13


No comments:

Post a Comment