Search This Blog

Friday, December 5, 2014

Thanksgiving Turkey

We interrupt our New York adventure to catch up on some local happenings.

Thanksgiving was last week and I was in charge of the turkey. My sister-in-law sent me this article about the best turkey recipe:

https://www.yahoo.com/food/thanksgiving-showdown-who-has-the-best-roast-turkey-101353067183.html?soc_src=mags&soc_trk=ma

I decided to follow their advice and made Martha Stewart's Herb Roasted Turkey. It took first place in  recipe writing, moistness, skin, taste and came in 2nd in appearance. I have to admit the green herbs under the skin made the turkey not as pretty but boy was it moist and tasty.


I used a 14-lb Butterball turkey (it has added salt water, essentially brining it) and roasted it for 3 hours at 350 degrees until the internal temperature registered 160 degrees. I rested the turkey for 30 minutes and when I tried to lift it off the roasting rack, pink juice ran out from inside the cavity. I threw the bird back in the oven for another 20 minutes and it was perfect after that.

Here's the recipe:

http://www.marthastewart.com/355578/herbed-roasted-turkey



2014 11 27

No comments:

Post a Comment