Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Ella, Sacramento

On my last trip to Sacramento, I loved Ella Dining Room & Bar. I went back again, but this time, I was able to catch the Happy Hour.


Ella is located 1 block from the Sheraton Grand--1131 K Street.


Happy Hour is Monday-Friday 3-6 pm. There is a large bar area with communal tables, tables along the window and an outdoor area.


Randall's Margarita--$6. 100 % Blue Agave Blanco Tequila, strawberry, lime, salt. This was okay. I think I would have liked plain lime margarita better. The strawberry flavor was weak.


Berkshire Pork Rillette--$7. Bourbon black pepper jam, grilled bread. The rillette was delicious. Tender shredded pork with a sweet jam that complimented rather than overpowered.


Blistered Shishito Peppers--$6. Crispy garlic, lemon, smoked olive oil. This was good but some of the peppers were huge.


Steak Tartare--$5. Torn Garlic popovers, French mustard dressing. I loved this. The steak tartare had so much flavor.


Ella Caesar--$5. Soft egg, fried capers, fines herbes. This was also good although I expected the egg to be a little runnier.


Crispy Fried Chicken--$8. Fried herbs, house made hot sauce, lemon. My 2nd favorite dish. The chicken was tender and moist. I wish the hot sauce was a little more spicy and vinegary. The lemon worked well and the fried herbs were delicious.



2015 07 10

No comments:

Post a Comment