Search This Blog

Saturday, September 28, 2019

Moqueca

Moqueca is a Brazilian restaurant in Oxnard. It's located at 3550 S. Harbor Blvd.



It's not your typical Brazilian Churrascaria.


Tapenade--$3. This is a vinegary eggplant & olive tapenade that is delicious.


Shellfish Moquequinha--$13 during lunch, served Tue-Fri 11:30-2:30 & Sat 12-3pm. This has such a nice flavor. I've tried to duplicate it but have not been successful. Alas, I have to wait until I can get to Oxnard to indulge.


I also tried Beef Stroganoff--$14. Beef cooked in a cream sauce with tomatoes, mushrooms, olives, and onions. It's topped with shoestring potatoes. Served with rice or fettucine pasta. This had a nice flavor but if I had to choose, I'd go with the moquequinha.


Salada de Camarao do Chef--sauteed large shrimp over mixed greens, sun dried tomatoes, roasted almonds, fresh mozzarella cheese served with balsamic vinegar dressing--$13.



2019 07 26 & 08 31

No comments:

Post a Comment