Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

"Chopped" Supper Club

Our South Bay Supper Club met this weekend and the theme was "Chopped." We each chose a set of predetermined ingredients and had to concoct a dish from it. I chose an appetizer with asparagus, button mushrooms, chorizo and canned peaches. I decided to make a bruschetta layered with goat cheese, chorizo, sauteed mushrooms, grilled asparagus with a drizzle of pureed canned peaches. It actually was edible.

 
I found this Silva Chorizo at Whole Foods. I sliced at an angle and sauteed until heated through. I then used the oil from the chorizo to saute button mushroom that I had diced.

 
The baguette slices were toasted then I added a thin layer of goat cheese. On top of that, I layered the chorizo, mushrooms, grilled asparagus and then the pureed canned peaches (I drained the liquid and saved 2 Tbs which I added to the peaches and pureed in a blender).
 
 

2012 08 25

No comments:

Post a Comment