Search This Blog

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Bon Chon

I've always wanted to try Korean Fried Chicken and went to Bon Chon in Sunnyvale. The restaurant is located at 572 E. El Camino Real in a strip mall.

 
 

Sweet Potato Fries $4.89. The fries were crispy and the sweet & sour dipping sauce was good.
 


This was the small for $6.99. You had a choice of 6 wings, 3 drums, 1 drum + 4 wings or 6 pieces of white chicken. The drumstick was tough. The chicken are free range and I always think free range chicken is tougher than non-free range. I got mine with soy garlic sauce and had a side of sriracha to make it a little spicy. You could also have spicy hot garlic sauce but that was too spicy for me. You got a free side--coleslaw, kimchi coleslaw, rice or biscuit. I chose the kimchi coleslaw but this was not very good. It was not spicy and there wasn't enough vinegar flavor in the sauce. My sister, who eats here regularly, said the kimchi coleslaw usually tastes better. The white turnips were marinated in a nice sweet and vinegary sauce and the sauce when added to the coleslaw made it better.
 
 
 
2013 03 09

No comments:

Post a Comment