Search This Blog

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Hang Ah

Hang Ah is a Chinese restaurant located at 2130 Armory Road in Santa Rosa. They have egg foo yung on their menu. I avoid restaurants that have egg foo yung because it reminds me of bad Chinese restaurants we used to visit in Ohio. But, they actually have pretty good dim sum so we decided to try some of their other menu items.


Prawns with Honey Walnuts--$13.95. This is my husband's favorite dish and he orders it whenever it's on the menu. I don't particularly like it because I don't like mayonnaise on my shrimp. This dish was okay. The prawns were large but the walnuts were overtoasted.


Yu Shang Eggplant--$9.50. This was pretty good. The eggplant was cooked through but not mushy and it had a nice garlic, soy sauce flavor.


Chicken Chow Mein--$8.95. Not bad but nothing special either.

Final impression: it's okay in a pinch but I still prefer the Chinese restaurants in the south bay.


2013 12 23

No comments:

Post a Comment