Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Olive & Vine

Wednesday night was Olive & Vine, 14301 Arnold Drive, Suite 3, Glen Ellen. Last year, theirs was my favorite meal at $29. This year, the 3-course meal was $39 but it was well worth it.

 
Amuse Bouche--Tomatoes with Balsamic Reduction. The balsamic was so sweet and delicious.

 
Baby Greens, Arugula & Heirloom Chickory Salad with Roasted Garden Beets, Laura Chenel Chevre, Toasted Walnuts & Nana Mae's Cider Vinaigrette. I just love the sweet beets and slightly tangy Laura Chenel goat cheese in the salad.

 
Chef Damian's Spring Asparagus & Green Garlic Soup with Meyer Lemon Crème Fraiche. This was absolutely delicious. I still remember last year's mushroom soup and this was equally delicious. The soup was creamy, flavorful and the green garlic gave it a subtle zing.

 
Slow Roasted Niman Ranch Pork "Osso Bucco" with Red & Black Rice, Savory  Dried Cherry Compote & Spring Market Vegetables. The osso bucco was fall-off-the-bone tender and I loved the firm bite of the red & black rice.

 
Sage & Meyer Lemon Roasted Mary's Chicken with Sweet Corn Pudding, Thyme Jus & Spring Market Vegetables. Loved it, loved it, loved it! This was my 2nd favorite after the asparagus soup. The chicken was moist, tender and seasoned just right and the corn pudding had small pieces of corn and was just delicious.

 
Roasted Pear & Caramel Bread Pudding, Chantilly Cream. I'm not a bread pudding fan but I loved this dessert. The outside was nicely crisped and it was so delicious served hot.
 
 
Chocolate Souffle Cake, Raspberry Coulis & Cream--I'm usually a chocolate lover but after the bread pudding, I was a little disappointed with this dessert. It may have been meant to be crumbly but I thought it was a tad dry.
 
 
Mignardise of truffles was presented at the end of the meal.

Corkage was free on Wednesday night. We had a nice bottle of Carlisle zin.

I learned that they have a 2-course locals' special for $25 on Wednesdays with free corkage. I'll definitely return. It was my favorite meal of the week.



2014 03 12

No comments:

Post a Comment