Search This Blog

Friday, October 10, 2014

Brownie Crackle Cookie

While I was on the Food Network site, I also found a recipe for brownie cookies, but this was made from scratch. I wanted a semi-homemade one and found this recipe using brownie mix. This is from Taste of Home.

Unfortunately, I used 1 package of brownie mix and it turns out I needed 2 packages. The mix was too thin so I froze it for an hour then scooped them onto a greased cookie sheet with an ice cream scoop. After baking, I sprinkled confectioners' sugar on top. The cookies were not uniform so I cut them out with a biscuit cutter and this is what I got.

I actually like them. They're moist and chewy. They could use a little more body so next time, I'll make it according to the recipe and see how it is.



Brownie Crackle Cookie

1 package fudge brownie mix (13-in. x 9-inch pan size). This is actually 2 packages
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 egg
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup canola oil
1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
Confectioners' sugar


In a large bowl, beat the brownie mix, flour, egg, water and oil until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips.

Place confectioners' sugar in a shallow dish. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls into sugar; roll to coat. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. 

Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.



2014 10 4



No comments:

Post a Comment