Search This Blog

Thursday, August 24, 2017

Woolgrowers Restaurant

When in Bakersfield, you have to try basque food. If you've been to the basque region in Spain & France, this is like nothing you'll see there.


I normally go to Noriega's, where you sit at long tables and eat family style with total strangers. It was closed during my visit so we went to WoolGrowers. At WoolGrowers, you're still served family style but only with your party. It's located at 620 East 19th Street. 


You get a "set up"--bread, vegetable soup, beans, salsa, tomato salad, green salad, pickled tongue, vegetable of the day, French fries and spaghetti. It comes with all entrees. If you only want the set-up, it's $16. My favorite part is the pickled tongue. At Woolgrowers, if you want more tongue, it's $5 for a small plate and $7 for a large plate. At Noriega's, there's no extra charge for extra tongue.


I ordered the filet of sole with lemon butter sauce for my entree--$22 (basically, $6 for the sole because the price includes the set up). I was surprised to find it fried but it was still moist.



2017 08 03

No comments:

Post a Comment