Search This Blog

Friday, January 3, 2020

Krewe of Boo Parade

We really didn't have anything planned except where we were going to eat. After dinner at Casamento's, we were planning to have beignets in the Outlet Collection at Riverwalk but got caught in a traffic jam.


Turns out the traffic was due to the Krewe of Boo Halloween parade. It was a family parade and reminded me of the neighborhood Mardi Gras parades we saw several years ago. The key is to have a cute baby or child in tow. Run up to the float with said child and hold the child up like Simba. People on the floats throw the best things to the cute kid.


I didn't have a cute kid so all I got were beads and Moon Pies. I thought the Moon Pies were disgusting--I'm just not a marshmallow & graham cookie fan.


After the parade, the streets were littered. Apparently, by the next day, all would be cleared. New Orleans is used to parades and knows how to clean up quickly!



2019 10 19

No comments:

Post a Comment