Search This Blog

Monday, January 6, 2020

Parkway Bakery & Tavern

I love Parkway po'boys, especially their oyster po'boy. It was so good the last time I was there.


It's located at 538 Hagan Avenue. Take the Canal Streetcar and get off at Jefferson Davis Parkway. Walk 8 minutes to the restaurant.


Darn! Oyster Poorboys are only available Mondays & Wednesdays and we were there on a Sunday.


We got there at 11:30 on a Sunday and the restaurant had only been open for 30 minutes. Look at the line. I ended up calling my order in. Fifteen minutes later, it was ready. Voila, I avoided the line!


You can sit outdoors in the covered area or eat indoors where it's a little more atmospheric.


Surf & Turf Po'Boy--$14.29 for large. Roast beef with gravy and shrimp. The roast beef was good and juicy but next time, I'll get the fried shrimp in a different po'boy.


Bread Pudding --$5.49. This had a rum sauce. It was moist but I wouldn't call it the best bread pudding I've ever had.


Ice Cream Float--$6.99. Love this. You get 2 scoops of very dense and good vanilla ice cream. Add any soda--this is "red soda." You get to keep the plastic cup.



2019 10 20

No comments:

Post a Comment