Search This Blog

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Mission Peak

My husband wanted to train for his upcoming backpacking trip and decided to climb Mission Peak in Fremont. He dragged me along.

Mission Peak is located off Stanford Avenue. Take the Mission Boulevard exit from I-680 and turn right at Stanford Avenue. There is a parking lot but it fills quickly on the weekends. We got there at 8 am on a Saturday and we had to park on the street about 1/4 mile away.

It's a 3+ mile hike from the parking lot to Mission Peak at 2512 feet high. It's a dirt trail and there is NO shade along the way. It took us 3 hours to make the climb and return and I'm not a fast hiker. There was a woman who passed me and she was twirling a hoola hip all the way up.

The summit offers a nice view of the entire bay but it is crowded. Reminds me of Yosemite in the summer. There was a line of hikers all the way up the trail.




2013 07 13

No comments:

Post a Comment