Search This Blog

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Katana-Ya

We were so stuffed after the SF Chefs event, we wanted a light dinner. We had read a lot about Katana-Ya and their ramen and discovered it was just a block from the Westin. It's located at 430 Geary Street. We had to give it a try.


Regular ramen with bamboo shoots, seaweed, BBQ pork and scallion for $8.90. You had a choice of soy sauce, miso or salt and light or rich broth. I chose the miso rich broth. The broth was very flavorful and I wondered if the light broth was just a watered-down version. I still like the broth at Orenchi Ramen in Sunnyvale better but this was a close 2nd. The ramen had a nice texture. I wouldn't necessarily drive to SF to have the ramen but the next time I'm in town and looking for a light dinner, I would go back.



2013 08 03

No comments:

Post a Comment