Search This Blog

Thursday, August 8, 2013

SF Chefs, Part 4

More food to sample from SF Chefs:

 
Hi Lo BBQ offered sausage on a bed of what looked like marinated cabbage.
 
 
La Boulange du Dome served macarons & caneles. You can see my previous review of this bakery. I thought the caneles needed more of a crisp caramelized outer shell.
 
 
Lake Chalet offered a shrimp risotto that wasn't quite cooked all the way.
 
 
Lark Creek Steak served this amazingly tender steak. This tied for my favorite dish of the day.
 
 
Le Colonial offered 2 dishes. The first was Banh Chum. This was a crepe filled with jicama & king oyster mushrooms with nouc cham & coconut cream. I liked the flavor of the mushrooms but the rest wasn't exciting.
 
 
Their 2nd offering was Goi Ga--shaved brussel sprouts with chicken, rau ram, carrots, crispy shallots & ngo om vinaigrette. I liked this better than the banh chum because it was more flavorful.
 
 

2013 08 03

No comments:

Post a Comment