Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 10, 2017

L'Homme de Bois

I get my restaurant recommendations from a variety of sources. L'Homme de Bois was a TripAdvisor recommendation--it ranked #18 in Honfleur. We asked our hotel to make reservations so we didn't have to worry about getting there when it opened. This allowed us to enjoy our Happy Hour cidre on the waterfront.


L'Homme de Bois is located at 30 Rue de L'Homme de Bois, 


We shared another bottle of cidre at dinner. Good thing the alcohol level of cidre is only 3-5%.


My husband and I both had the €28 3-course menu. For the 1st course, my husband chose Bulots--sea snails.


Pick out the snail with the pick and dip in the mayo. It tastes like Chinese abalone--so good. Some may find it a little slimy but I liked it.


Terrine de Poisson Maison--Fish terrine. This was too fishy for me and didn't have enough flavor.


My husband ordered the Aile de Raie (skate wing). It had a lot of cartilage. Once you get beyond the cartilage, it had a mild taste and delicate texture. Unfortunately, the sauce of butter and capers was too acidic for the mild tasting skate.


I ordered the Gratine de Crevettes et Coquilles St-Jacques. This was so disappointing. It had way too much cheese. I agree with the Italians that cheese and seafood do not mix.


Fromages Normand--3 different cheeses, served with raisins.


Crumble aux Fruits Rouges et aux Pommes. This was actually pretty good. It was a warm berry and apple crisp with a scoop of ice cream.


We were disappointed overall. This was one of our least favorite meals on our trip.



2017 05 22

No comments:

Post a Comment