Search This Blog

Monday, January 21, 2019

Black Forest Tiramisu

I participate in a Supper Club and this month's theme was fusion. I decided to make a Black Forest Tiramisu.


Instead of Lady Fingers, I used a chocolate cake. I baked it in a sheet pan and cut the cake up to fit a 9 x 9 inch pan.



I used the tiramisu recipe from Chef Dennis (askchefdennis.com):

6 large egg yolks
1 cup sugar
1 1/4 cup mascarpone cheese (I used 1 cup)--at room temperature
1 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream

Combine egg yolks and sugar in the top of a double boiler, over boiling water. Reduce heat to low and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat and whip yolks until thick and lemon colored. Allow to cool briefly.
Add room temperature mascarpone to the whipped yolks. Beat until combined.
In a separate bowl, whip cream to stiff peaks.
Gently fold the whipped cream in the mascarpone mixture and set aside.

Assemble the tiramisu:
Layer of chocolate cake.
Layer of mascarpone mixture.
Layer of cherry pie filling.
Repeat.



2018 12 08

No comments:

Post a Comment