Search This Blog

Thursday, January 31, 2019

Iconic Bakersfield

There are a couple of places in Bakersfield that I always visit when I'm in town.


Smith's Bakery has been in business since 1945 and they have 3 locations now. They're famous for their Shortbread Happy Face cookies and cakes. I also like their Beehives.

Lines are long during the holidays and they can run out. Be sure to order online.


The other place I always visit is Dewar's. They have 3 locations but I like the original at 1120 Eye Street.


It's such an adorable old-fashioned soda fountain. It's like stepping back to the 1950s.


Their taffies are $17.49/lb and I love the nut flavors--original peanut, almond and pistachio. I also stop and get a large hot fudge sundae--2 scoops of ice cream with creamy fudge and nuts--$6.65.



2018 12 24

No comments:

Post a Comment