Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

DishDash, Sunnyvale

I had a craving for the M'shakaleh at DishDash. We were able to get a reservation and the outdoor seating was available so we had no wait for dinner. So much more pleasant than the 70 minute wait we had last time.


M'nazaleh--ratatouille of thinly sliced marinated grilled eggplant, red bell pepper, tomato, walnuts, fresh lemon juice, garlic and olive oil--$7.95. This was very flavorful and I liked the addition of the lemon juice. It gave it just the right amount of tartness and livened the flavors.


M'Shakaleh--layers of mushrooms, grilled eggplant, cauliflower, tomatoes and rice served with a yogurt-tomato sauce--$13.95. I need animal protein and always add a shish-kebab of chicken--$5. Delicious as always. I especially love the soft cauliflower and the sauce. This was a large portion and I had enough for lunch the next day.


Mansaf--tender chunks of lamb, cooked in aged yogurt, served with rice topped with roasted almonds--$17.95. This was very flavorful and reminded me of the dish my sister-in-law's mother makes. She's Persian and I love the way her kitchen smells. The lamb was very tender but there were just a few small pieces. Made me wonder "Where's the Lamb?" The yogurt sauce didn't add to the dish. The rice and lamb were flavorful enough.The overall portion was small and I thought it was overpriced at $17.95.
 
 
 
2013 03 01

No comments:

Post a Comment