Search This Blog

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Yummy Yummy

I picked my husband up at SFO and needed a quick dinner. He wanted pho so I turned to Yelp. I read about Yummy Yummy, which got great reviews and decided to give it a try.


Yummy Yummy located at 1015 Irving Street.


Deep Fried Chicken Wings with Fish Sauce, Lemongrass and Onions--$7.75. This was amazingly delicious. The wings were crispy on the outside and moist on the inside and the sauce was great! I wish I had some rice to sop up the rest of the sauce.


Bun Rieu--$8.25. This was not traditional Bun Rieu. There was no crab and the noodles were thin spaghetti. The flavor was just okay.


Bun Bo Hue--$8.25. This was the worst Bun Bo Hue I have ever had. The broth was not flavorful, there were slices of stewed beef that were too sweet, there were chunks of pork that were tough and flavorless and the noodles were not the nice, thick round kind. There were no pig knuckles. The condiment that accompanied the soup were the typical ones for pho--bean sprouts, basil, cilantro and lemon. I had to ask for some shredded cabbage. They didn't have any greens or banana blossoms that usually accompany Bun Bo Hue. If you have had real Bun Bo Hue, don't even think about ordering this. You'll be sorely disappointed.
 
 
 
2013 02 27

No comments:

Post a Comment