Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Mercado de San Miguel

I left Lanzarote and had an overnight layover in Madrid. More opportunity to eat. I went to Mercado de San Miguel--an indoor food haven.

 
 
 
Stalls after stalls of food for sale. This one was full of olives stuffed with different fillings.
 
 
Cones of cured meats.
 
 
Paella stall.
 

Tapa portion of paella--€4. This was a great paella. The rice was chewy and there was a lot of flavor. There was a nice chorizo in it as well.

 
I purchased a bocadillo de jamon at the Museo de Jamon and saved it for the flight home. It was a nice last taste of Spain. This was a great trip and I have to admit that I enjoyed Madrid a lot more than I did 15 years ago. Back then, we went in July and it was hot, crowded and not very enjoyable at all. Goes to show that I should always give a city another chance.
 

 
2013 01 20



No comments:

Post a Comment