Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Blueberry Muffin

I've never been able to make a good blueberry muffin. It dates back to when I took home economics in high school and mine came out tough. The teacher said it was because I overbeat my batter. I can't help it. I don't like to see uneven areas in the batter. It's my OCD nature.

Since then, I've looked for a good recipe and tried not to overbeat it. I found this recipe on Food.com. It was called The Best Blueberry Muffin so I gave it a try. 




The Best Blueberry Muffins
(From food.com)

1/2 cup butter, at room temp
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups flour
1/2 cup milk
2 1/2 cups blueberries


Heat oven to 375°. Grease 18 regular-size muffin cups (or 12 large size muffins).

In a bowl, mix butter until creamy. Add sugar and beat until pale and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time. Beat in vanilla, baking powder & salt.

With spoon, fold in half of flour and half of milk. Repeat. Fold in blueberries.


Spoon into muffin tins and bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown on top.


These were moist and flavorful. Unfortunately, I discovered I'm not a big fan of blueberry muffins in general.



2015 01 27

No comments:

Post a Comment