Search This Blog

Monday, February 9, 2015

Bonus Night at the Hilton

So, we ended up with a bonus night at the Hilton DFW Lakes. I've had a few bonus (otherwise known as unexpected delays) nights in my travels but they were always outside the country. I wasn't sure what to do at DFW. Note to self: try to make connections in cities I actually want to visit.

The Hilton was a nice hotel.


It's located 3 miles from the airport and the hotel shuttle was a 10 minute ride.


Beautiful open atrium.


Good-sized room with refrigerator and coffee station. Because our flight wasn't until 5 pm the next day, we asked for a late check-out and free wi-fi. The Hilton was able to accommodate.


Beautiful indoor pool. We hadn't planned on swimming in Paris so we didn't bring swimsuits. My husband just went in his underwear. I declined.


The next morning, we had breakfast at their Vineyard Restaurant. I chose their breakfast buffet ($16), which was a nice spread of fruits, yogurt, cereal, oatmeal, grits, eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, pancake, biscuits & gravy, muffins, pastries


and, an omelette station. I also got homemade guacamole and salsa. It was quite a spread!


Nearby lake


Austin Ranch was also nearby. It's an "authentic Old West dude ranch," used for corporate events and parties. It was deserted on Sunday morning.



2015 02 01

No comments:

Post a Comment