Search This Blog

Friday, February 6, 2015

Reata Grill, DFW

We had a layover in DFW. We originally wanted Cousin's BBQ but when we got there, the sides had been sitting in the warming trays a little too long and didn't look appetizing. The mac & cheese was crusted and not in a good way.

We settled for Reata Grill. We had eaten there the last time we flew through DFW. This time, we had:


Chips & Salsa--$2.79. The salsa was warm.


Saddleback Combination (choice of 2 from soup, salad, sandwich or tamale)--$10.99. I chose the Signature Tortilla Soup with one Tenderloin Tamale. I loved this dish. The soup was flavorful and had just the right amount of lime juice and the tamale was delicious. It had a small salad. I find soup so comforting when I'm traveling.


Tenderloin Tamales--$12.79. Two Hand-Rolled Tamales stuffed with Shredded Beef Tenderloin, Cilantro, Cumin, and Pico de Gallo topped with Pecan Pesto, Sun Dried Tomato Cream Sauce and Creme Fraiche, Served with Western Rice and Ranch Beans. The meat wasn't exactly shredded tenderloin--more like finely diced shreds but it was tasty. I like my rice fluffy and this was not.



2015 01 31

No comments:

Post a Comment