Search This Blog

Thursday, June 8, 2017

Coppelia Camaguey

We stumbled onto Coppelia in Camaguey and there was no line.


Coppelia is located on the pedestrian street Calle Maceo, north of General Gomez.


The flavors of the day were vanilla, mango, chocolate, rizado de chocolate, muscatel and fresa bombon (strawberry candy?).


Here's how you do it: 1)Stand in line to pay the cashier. You're given a ticket in return. 2)Stand in the line corresponding to the flavor you want.  3)Order your ice cream.

We didn't have any CUPs so I handed over some change in CUCs. The man gave me 2 tickets and I got in the nearest line. When I got to the head of the line, I asked for mango only to be told I was in the chocolate line. Chocolate it is then. They asked me if I wanted marshmallow. Sure! They drizzled some caramel sauce on top, added some cookie crumbles and gave me the dish.


This is what I got. The ice cream wasn't particularly good but it was the experience I was after. If I had known I would find Coppelia elsewhere, I wouldn't have paid for the Coppelia in Habana with CUCs.



2017 03 11

No comments:

Post a Comment