Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Sam's Restaurant

I went to Tahoe this weekend and stopped off in Davis for lunch. I had read about Sam's Restaurant on Yelp. I often search for the most-reviewed restaurant and if it gets at least 3 stars, I'll check it out. This one got 4 1/2 stars. Sam's is a mediterranean casual eatery in downtown Davis, located at 247 3rd Street.



 

It's a casual place. Order at the counter and the food is delivered to you. There are tables inside and out.

 
Falafel on pita with cucumber, tomatoes and lettuce. The pita is delicious--I asked, it comes from Chicago. The falafels were very tasty with just the right mix of spices but they were too crunchy. I like the falafels from Falafel's Drive-In in San Jose better but I liked this pita better.

I also tried the Beef Schawarma with grilled onions, cucumber, tomatoes and lettuce. The tahini sauce was very flavorful, as was the beef. However, the meat was too processed and on the soft side.

 
Baklava--the areas that had a lot of honey were too sweet. Otherwise, it was overall tasty.
 
 
Is it worth an hour drive to eat? Probably not. But, if you're in the area, it's worth a detour.
 
 

2012 07 07

No comments:

Post a Comment