Search This Blog

Friday, September 21, 2012

Clay Pot Chicken

This is the second time I made this dish and I liked it a lot better. Last time I didn't add the oyster sauce because I thought it would make it too sweet. This time, I followed the recipe exactly. Goes to show that I shouldn't experiment until I try it the first time. This recipe came from the San Jose Mercury News.

 
Slice the shitake mushrooms

 
Chinese sausages

 
Marinate the chicken thigh

 
The final product


Clay Pot Chicken with Rice

3 chicken thigh meat, cut into ½-inch pieces
1 tsp cornstarch
½ tsp sugar
1 tsp sesame oil
1 Tbs soy sauce
1 tsp chopped garlic
1 tsp chopped ginger

1 Tbs vegetable oil

6 shitake mushrooms, cut into thin slices
3 Chinese sausages
1 Tbs oyster sauce
1 Tbs Maggi sauce or light soy sauce
½ Tbs sesame oil

2 cups long-grain rice
Fresh cilantro leaves

Mix chicken with cornstarch, sugar, sesame oil, soy sauce, garlic, ginger and marinate for 30 minutes. Heat oil and stir fry chicken until lightly brown. Add mushrooms, sausages, oyster sauce, Maggi sauce and sesame oil.  Remove from heat and set aside.
 
Meantime, cook the rice in an electric rice cooker. As soon as the switch turns to warm, add chicken mixture and stir in. Replace lid until steam subsides. Garnish with cilantro leaves and serve.



2012 09 15

No comments:

Post a Comment