Search This Blog

Saturday, September 1, 2012

New Port Restaurant

It had been nearly a year since I'd had dim sum. We went to New Port in Sunnyvale. It's changed names several times but the food is still the same.

 
Shrimp and Banana Eggroll--this is one of my favorites. I just love the sweet of the banana with the salty of the shrimp and who can resist anything deep fried.

 
Steamed Gai Lan (Chinese broccoli) with Oyster Sauce. We had to order some greens with so much fried food on our table.

 
Fried Noodles with Bean Sprouts--there isn't much to this dish but I love to eat it. I always order this and my husband always adds hot sauce to it.

 
Steamed Shrimp Balls with Sweet Rice--Add a little mustard mixed with soy sauce and this is amazing.

 
Steamed Pork Buns--love the soft bun with the BBQ pork filling.

 
Don't know what this is called but it's gelatinous rice filled with meat and mushrooms. This is another of my favorites.

 
Deep Fried Soft Tofu--something I would not be able to make, EVER! I don't know how they keep the tofu together when deep frying.

 
Steamed Rice in Lotus Leaves. The filling includes meat, Chinese sausage and preserved egg yolk. Another tasty option.

 
Steamed Cow Stomach with Ginger and Green Onions--very flavorful and chewy. Don't think of it as a stomach and you'll like it too.

If you've never been to dim sum, it's a great adventure. Carts are pushed around the restaurant and you choose whatever you like. As Andrew Zimmern (host of "Bizarre Foods") says, "if it looks good, eat it."



2012 08 26

No comments:

Post a Comment