Search This Blog

Saturday, January 24, 2015

Le Cirque

Our splurge meal in Las Vegas was Le Cirque in the Bellagio--$135 degustation menu.


The inside of the restaurant.


I chose the rosemay baguette & cheese roll


then the pretzel roll


Amuse Bouche—corn veloute with espelette peppers. Great corn flavor.


Fall Salad of Baby Artichokes, Avocado, Foie Gras "Snow," Jamon Iberico, Parmesan, Dijon Mustard Vinaigrette. 


"Le Cirque" Lobster & Avocado Salad, Black Truffle Vinaigrette. Not much truffle flavor but it was a nice salad.



Sauteed Foie Gras, Pate Feuilletee, Dragon Heart Plum, Lavender, Pistachio, Ginger Gastrique. I love foie gras and am glad California can serve it again.



Florida Frog Legs, Potato Gnocchi, Corn Succotash, Parmesan, Lardons, Broccolini, Micro Mizuna. The frog legs were tender.



Paupiette of Potato Crusted Mediterranean Sea-Bass, Braised Leeks, Pinot Noir Reduction. The reduction was delicious but Flavor Bistro in Santa Rosa makes one just like it, at a fraction of the cost.



Atlantic Cod En Croute, Ratatouille, Kalamata Olives, Tomato Confit, Potato Pearls, Baby Octopus, Sauce Vierge.



Venison with Wild Mushrooms. I loved the venison--rare and flavorful.



Organic Roasted Chicken, Asparagus, Chanterelle Mushrooms, Roasted Baby Potatoes, Saue Vin Jaune. I was surprised to see chicken on the degustation menu and thought it was a special chicken. I was wrong. This was a big disappointment. The chicken was dry and the chanterelle mushrooms didn't have enough flavor to make the dish special. I would have liked to see morels instead.



Mojito Granita Intermezzo. This was slightly bitter and wasn't much of a palate cleanser.



Tomme de Chevre. I did like the cheese course--Epoisse, Camembert, goat cheese 



Roasted Pineapple, White Chocolate Mousse, Mango & Passion Fruit Sorbet. The pineapple worked well with the white chocolate mousse and I loved the sorbet flavors.




Mignardise--croque en bouche, financier,  lemon tart, gelee



I asked to take the mignardise home and I got this beautiful box. The ladies were given a smaller box with a treat to enjoy later. I didn't get that--I guess they thought my mignardise would be enough to enjoy later.

Overall, the meal was good except for the disappointing chicken. My husband did get sick after the 3rd course (presumably from the lunch at Diablo's) so I ended up eating the remainder of his meal in addition to my 5 courses. It was a lot of food!

In terms of value, Andre's at the Monte Carlo was a better deal.



2014 12 23

No comments:

Post a Comment