Search This Blog

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Raku

My favorite restaurant in Las Vegas is Raku. I always go whenever I'm in Las Vegas. It's in the same strip mall as Monta Ramen & Snowflake, 5030 W. Spring Mountain Road. I didn't make reservations so it was an hour wait at 7 pm on a Monday night.


Raku is a Japanese grill restaurant.


Raku's Tofu--Whole for $5.50. This is the best tofu I have ever had. It's smooth, creamy and soft. Absolutely delicious, especially with the bonito flakes and crushed ginger.


Sashimi Salad--$14. Raw fish over spinach with a soy-vinegar dressing. Absolutely delicious.


You order grilled items. It's sort of like Japanese dim sum--order a variety to make your meal. Kobe Beef Tendon--$3.50. I don't know how they grill tendon so that it's tender but still holds up on a skewer.


Kurobuta Pork Cheek--$4.25. This wasn't as fatty as other pork cheek I have had. This was smoky and delicious.


Pork Ear--$3.00. Another of my favorites. I love the crunchy cartilage.


Duck with Balsamic Soy Sauce--$4.50. Tender and so delicious. The balsamic soy really makes the dish.


Enoki Mushroom Wrapped with Bacon--$3.00. This was hard to eat. It's hard to take a bite so it's best to put the whole thing in your mouth.


Direct Flamed Eggplant--$4.50. This was fabulous. I loved the smoky soft eggplant.



2014 12 22

No comments:

Post a Comment