Search This Blog

Sunday, January 25, 2015

Luigi's in Bakersfield

In Bakersfield, we stopped at Luigi's to have lunch. It's a family-run institution.


All meals come with an antipasti plate--soft roll, salami, cheese, pepperoncini and marinated carrot. I loved the soft roll.


Large minestrone zuppa for $6.95--it was thick but I thought it was overloaded with cheese.


Pickled tongue for one--$2.95. I loved the vinegary tang of the dressing.


Large Pasta Bolognese with Italian Sausage (I chose the mild)--$12.95. The small had only 1 sausage. The sausage was homemade, lean and full of flavor. The Bolognese was good but it was slightly greasy.


Large Beef Ravioli--$12.95. The ravioli was homemade and plump. After lunch, I went next door to their deli and bought some frozen ravioli to take home.


Butterfinger Pie with Biscotti Cookie Crust--$4.50. This was delicious.



2014 12 26

No comments:

Post a Comment