Search This Blog

Sunday, January 18, 2015

Monta Ramen

You know I'm always in search of good ramen. I read about Monta Japanese Noodle House and had to try it while I was in Las Vegas. It's located at 5030 Spring Mountain Road. They don't take reservations--our wait was about an hour at 1:30 pm on a Sunday.




Tonkotsu Ramen--$6.95. It comes with 2 slices of chasu (pork), bamboo shoots and wood ear. I added Nitamago (flavored egg) for $1.50. The pork broth was very flavorful but too thick. The noodles were toothy and just right. I still prefer Orenchi in Santa Clara.


Tonkotsu Shoyu Ramen--$6.95. Same thing as the tonkotsu ramen except it was thinned with shoyu. I thought the flavor was diluted but it was definitely a thinner broth. I still prefer Orenchi. I wonder if I'll ever find ramen that's better than Orenchi's?



2014 12 21

No comments:

Post a Comment