Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Dewar's

Another Bakersfield tradition is Dewar's. It's a classic soda fountain and candy maker. Their taffies are the best. I like the nut ones the best--peanut butter, almond and pistachio. It's $17.99/lb.


The original store is located at 1120 Eye Street.




Small Sundae--$5.25. Two scoops of house made ice cream with one topping and nuts. I asked for Butterfinger and Reese's ice cream but got Reese's and vanilla. I asked for gummy bears and ground almond. I got the gummy bears but got hot fudge instead of ground almond. The hot fudge was actually quite good so I'm glad they made the mistake. The gummy bears were not good though. I like Haribo's and it's hard to beat them.


Black & White--$7.99. A scoop of vanilla ice cream with hot fudge and a scoop of chocolate ice cream with marshmallow topping and ground nuts. 



2018 02 18

No comments:

Post a Comment